Tuesday 11 March 2014

Well, that's rest week over, time to get the runners back on for another 6 weeks. When I say a week off I still did 39.9km last week which ended with the Derba - Wicklow Mountains 1/2 marathon.
Not your typical race to say the least, lots of varied terrain from Road, Trial, Rocks, Climbing (gates), Bog land, River Crossings, Mountain climbing basically it has it all, there is also swimming if you take a fall (I Did). Finished in 1:57:43 with a bloody nose and an upset stomach, never the less, that's another race under my belt and a good experience for Grand2Grand - "Always expect the unexpected".
Met a good buddy of mine Andy "Ironman" Hayes after for a Ginger Tea in The Happy Pear and showed me around the shop and introduced me to new foods (Thanks Buddy) followed by a nice cold dip in the sea to flush out the legs.
This was the Poem read out before the start of the Derba race on Sunday and I think we could do with reading it and appreciating what we have and what we can do for those less fortunate.

         "Keep Running, Cycling, Swimming or whatever it is you do but most of all, Just keep Smiling"

                    https://debraireland.org/news/a-poem-about-life-with-eb/#more-3394


                                         
 
YEAR-TO-DATE
Distance688.0 km
Time63h 30m
Elev Gain9,001 m
Runs46

1 comment: