Thursday 6 March 2014

Hi Folks,

Well, Training has picked up and I'm now full steam ahead. I'm on a rest week this week and a race coming up on Sunday in the Wicklow Mountains 1/2 marathon. I completed the Avondale 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago in a time of 1:35:05 while carrying my new WAA ultralight bag.
I'm now get all geared up too - new runners arrived and will be testing them this week for the first time. I've also tried the food - lets just say "I'll survive"
Training now up to 5 days a week and will be 6 soon enough. I do 1 speed session a week (Wednesdays) and a few 20k /30k runs midweek and 50k runs on the weekend.  Training is a good mix of Road and Trail and plenty of hills (love the hills) to build up the upper legs.

I'm also looking at my diet and changing a few things. The latest is a huge influx of Guacamole and lots more greens - Spinach and Basil leaves specifically also finding Hemp a good source of energy too. My Calorie intake is also on the rise as I push toward 7,500 a day.



                               
YEAR-TO-DATE
Distance666.7 km
Time61h 34m
Elev Gain8,500 m
Runs45

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your well on course,if you need any info on g2g let me know,all the best, tony

    ReplyDelete